Here’s one from Tip Hero we made last night! Easy and delicious. Enjoy!
SALSA CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
– 1 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
– 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
– 1-15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1-16-ounce jar salsa
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1-½ teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– 2 large chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds), thawed
– 1 cup shredded cheese blend
– 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish, add the rice, black beans, corn, salsa, chicken broth, chili powder and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 3 pieces and submerge into the liquid in the baking dish as far as possible.
- Cover the casserole dish tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour, until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and bake just until the cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions and serve.